Instructionally Related Activities (IRA) are out-of-class experiences that enrich student life and learning. They are at least partially sponsored by an academic discipline or instructional department and their content is related to that discipline's curriculum. Activities that are considered essential to a quality educational program and an important instructional experience for enrolled students will be considered.
In Spring 2017, SF State took incremental steps to ensure that we are in compliance with CSU Executive Order 1102, which governs the approval, review, revisions and allocations of student fee funding. As a result, the IRA Advisory Board became an interim sub-committee of the Student Fee Advisory Committee (SFAC). Any recommended actions by this Committee will be forwarded first to the SFAC for consideration and further endorsement before being advanced to President for action.
Please read through the Budget Request Guidelines and review the FAQ before submitting an IRA funding request:
- IRA Budget Request Guidelines
- IRA Frequently Asked Questions
- IRA Travel Guidelines (for more information, please contact the Provost's Office)
- IRA funding requests for 2018-2019 must be submitted by Thursday, March 15, 2018 at 5pm.
- IRA budget appeals requests for 2018-2019 must be submitted by Friday, August 3, 2018 at 5pm.
Important IRA Documents
To make an IRA funding request for 2018-2019, the following documents must be completed and submitted to email@example.com by the deadline:
Budget Appeals Requests
To make an IRA budget appeals request for 2018-2019, the following documents must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline:
For any questions, please email email@example.com. You may also contact:
- Tony Little, Chief of Staff, Office of the VPSAEM, ext. 5-3938
- Jamal Evan Mazyck, EdD, Administrative Specialist, ext. 8-2004