Purpose of the Student Fee Advisory Committee (SFAC)
The Student Fee Advisory Committee (SFAC) is a shared governance body comprised of student, faculty and administrators who review matters related to the establishment and adjustment of student fees at SF State and make recommendations to the president of SF State. California State University Executive Order 1102, which supersedes all other Executive Orders pertaining to student fees, as well as local campus implementations, governs and guides actions of the SFAC.
SF State's SFAC has also developed procedures to implement the CSU student fee policy. Click on the link below to download these procedures in a PDF document.
SFAC Meeting Agendas
Deadlines for Submitting Requests for Category III Fees
Units/departments submitting fee proposals are asked to submit them as early as possible to maximize the amount of time SFAC members can devote to adequate consultation and thorough consideration of each request. However, to ensure there is adequate opportunity to notify affected students in a timely manner, and allow for effective administrative implementation, the SFAC has established the following deadlines for submission
- Fees intended to go into effect in the Fall semester of any given year should be submitted no later than February 1st of the same calendar year.
- Fees intended to go into effect in the Spring semester of any given year should be submitted no later than September 1st of the prior calendar year.
- Fees intended to go into effect in the Summer semester of any given year should be submitted no later than November 1st of the prior calendar year.
The complete application must be received, by the close of business per the above dates, in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management. The office location is Student Services Building, Suite 403. Electronic submittals are accepted at email@example.com.
Instructionally Related Activites (IRA) Fees
Effective Spring 2018, All Instructionally Related Activities (IRA) funding requests will be submitted and processed by the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management.
Important Forms & Documents
- Category III (Miscellaneous Course Fee) Application Form
- Index of Fees - Authority, Process and Accountability