Welcome Message from the Vice President & Title IX Coordinator
Dear SF State Students,
On behalf of the entire team of faculty and staff who comprise Student Affairs & Enrollment Management (SAEM) at San Francisco State University, we want to congratulate you on becoming an SF State Gator and thank you for choosing SF State as your educational home for the years to come! Encompassing approximately 25 units and functions, SAEM is responsible for providing activities, advocacy, programs, policies, services and support to students from the time they first begin considering their application to attend SF State, through when they graduate with their desired degree and become leaders in their careers and in their communities.
We serve students guided by the values of integrity, community, social justice, transformation and innovation – values which are at the heart of the SF State ethos and reflective of our unique place and history. We hope to create that sense of “home away from home” and serve as a place where students can seek assistance or find inspiration when they don’t know where else to go.
As the Vice President & Title IX Coordinator, my primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that student safety and welfare are adequately addressed;
- Eliminating - as much as possible – barriers to students’ holistic success at SF State at a systemic level;
- Influencing administrative decisions made at SF State such that the needs and priorities of students are accounted for;
- Recommending policies and procedures that reflect best practices to support student access, success and graduation;
- Promoting a campus learning environment in which every student can maximize his or her performance both in and out of the classroom, regardless of identity or background;
- Empowering students to be active participants in the governance of the SF State campus and community; and
- Communicating with students in a timely manner about issues and information which are of importance to your lives as students.
I recently completed my first year of working at SF State, having relocated here from Hilo, Hawaii. Since my arrival, the students have captured my heart and the institution has become my new “home away from home.” I hope you will enjoy your time in this very special place.
It is an honor and a privilege to serve you, and I look forward to meeting and speaking with as many of you as possible in the coming months, semesters and years. It will truly be exciting to see where the world takes you and where each of you takes the world!
Luoluo Hong, PhD, MPH
Vice President & Title IX Coordinator
Student Affairs & Enrollment Management