Next Meeting: Friday, September 11, 2020 from 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Zoom Web Conference - Registration is required via the link below
Please contact Brian Sharber at: firstname.lastname@example.org for reasonable accommodations and for general questions about the committee.
Student Fee Advisory Committee (SFAC)
The Student Fee Advisory Committee is a shared governance body comprised of students, faculty and administrators that considers proposals for the establishment and/or adjustment of Category II (campus mandatory fees) and Category III (miscellaneous course fees) and makes recommendations to the president. Modeling our deep commitment to the principles of shared governance, the SFAC at SF State also considers proposals for Category IV fees. For your reference fee categories are fully defined in section II of the Student Fee Policy. California State University Executive Order 1102, the CSU Student Fee Policy, governs and guides the actions of the Student Fee Advisory Committee.
The committee is Chaired by the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, co-chaired by the President of Associated Students, and the majority of voting members of the SFAC are students. Please see the full committee roster.
SF State's SFAC has developed procedures to implement the CSU student fee policy. Click on the link below to download these procedures in a PDF document.
The committee meets a minimum of four times per academic year, and as often as necessary to address matters pertinent to the committee in a timely manner. Meetings are open to the public, with advance registration required. SF State students and members of the campus community may attend meetings and address items on the meeting agenda in accordance with the SFAC Public Comment Guidelines and Virtual Meeting Guidelines.
Meeting Dates for Academic Year 2020-2021
September 11, 2020 3:00PM - 5:00PM: Agenda; Minutes
November 13, 2020 3:00PM - 5:00PM: Agenda; Minutes
February 12, 2021 3:00PM - 5:00PM: Agenda; Minutes
April 23, 2021 3:00PM - 5:00PM: Agenda; Minutes
Academic Year 2019-2020
- October 4, 2019: Agenda; Notes
- November 15, 2019: Agenda; Notes
- December 6, 2019: Agenda; Notes
- February 28, 2020 3:00PM - 4:30PM SSB 401: Agenda; Notes
- April 17, 2020 3:00PM - 5:00PM via Zoom Web Conference: Agenda; Notes
- May 7, 2020 10:00AM - 12:00PM via Zoom Web Conference: Agenda; Notes
- June 8, 2020 3:00PM - 4:30PM via Zoom Web Conference: Agenda; Notes
Deadlines for Submitting Fee Action Requests
Units/departments submitting fee proposals are asked to submit them as early as possible to maximize the amount of time SFAC members can devote to adequate consultation and thorough consideration of each request. However, to ensure there is adequate opportunity to notify affected students in a timely manner, and allow for effective administrative implementation, the SFAC has established the following deadlines for submission
- Fees intended to go into effect in the Fall semester of any given year should be submitted no later than February 1st (or the next business day) of the same calendar year.
- Fees intended to go into effect in the Spring semester of any given year should be submitted no later than September 1st (or the next business day) of the prior calendar year.
- Fees intended to go into effect in the Summer semester of any given year should be submitted no later than November 1st (or the next business day) of the prior calendar year.
Applications, complete with required signatures, must be received in the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management by the close of business per the above dates. The office location is Student Services Building, Suite 403. Electronic submittals are accepted at email@example.com.
- Category III (Miscellaneous Course Fee) Fee Action Request Form
- Category IV Fee Action Request Form - this form is under development. Please check back Fall 2020
Instructionally Related Activities (IRA) Fees
Starting AY 2017-18, in order to be in compliance with CSU Executive Order 1102, all Instructionally Related Activities (IRA) fee funding requests will be submitted and processed under the auspices of the Student Fee Advisory Committee, which is co-chaired by the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management and the President of Associated Students.