Welcome Message from the Vice President & Title IX Coordinator
Dear San Francisco State Students,
On behalf of the entire Student Affairs & Enrollment Management (SAEM) professional team at San Francisco State University, we want to congratulate you on becoming (or returning!) a Gator and thank you for choosing us as your educational home for the years to come. Encompassing roughly 25 units and functions, SAEM is responsible for providing activities, advocacy, programs, services and support to students from the time they first begin considering their application to attend San Francisco State, through when they graduate with their desired academic goal and become leaders in their careers and in their communities. Bookmark this Quick Reference Page so you can quickly look up where to go to assist with any concerns or questions you may have.
We serve students guided by the values of integrity, community, social justice, transformation and innovation — values which are at the heart of the San Francisco State ethos and reflective of our unique place and history. We hope to create that sense of “home away from home” and serve as a place where students can seek assistance or find inspiration when they don’t know where else to go.
As your Vice President & Title IX Coordinator, my primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that student safety and welfare are adequately addressed;
- Eliminating — as much as possible — barriers to students’ holistic success at San Francisco State at a systemic level;
- Influencing administrative decisions made at San Francisco State such that the needs and priorities of students are accounted for;
- Recommending and advancing policies and procedures that reflect best practices to support access, success and graduation for all students;
- Promoting a campus learning environment in which every student can maximize his or her performance both in and out of the classroom, regardless of identity or background;
- Empowering students to be active participants in the governance of the campus and community; and
- Communicating with students in a timely manner about issues and information which are of importance to your lives while here in college.
This August marks the one-year anniversary of the founding of a new division called Equity & Community Inclusion. Comprised of the Office of Diversity & Student Equity, the Black Unity Center, and the Dream Resource Center, the Division works on advancing social justice and closing the educational equity gap for students. We have also launched initiatives to better respond to students’ basic needs, including food and housing insecurity. We encourage you to become involved with these efforts as a student volunteer or student employee! All of us in SAEM are also working hard to support the CSU Graduation Initiative 2025.
I hope you will enjoy your time in this very special place and make the most of the opportunities that are available to you. It is an honor and a privilege to serve you, and I look forward to meeting and speaking with as many of you as possible in the coming months, semesters and years. It will truly be exciting to see where the world takes you and where each of you takes the world!
Luoluo Hong, PhD, MPH
Vice President, Title IX Coordinator & DHR Administrator
Student Affairs & Enrollment Management